This blog is about how a normal, seemingly responsible adult got sucked into the awfully cute and mindless environment of Pet Society. Pet Society is a social game on the Internet created by Playfish.
Some facts about me:
- My name is Soyon. It’s pronounced Soy-on. When I’m tired, I tell people I’m Soy-off.
- I work as an Internet producer.
- I also write fiction and journalistic articles and have been published in IGN.com, The Seattle Times and Seattle Weekly.
||Pet Society Twitter
Some facts about this blog:
- Many of the names in this blog have been changed to protect the players from public embarrassment. Sometimes only pets’ names are used, and even then, some of those are pseudonyms.
- Images that show names of both people and pets have been altered, such as the status feed of Angela’s Muffintop, or the gift of poo from Genevieve. There is no pet named Muffintop owned by a girl named Angela. If there is, it’s pure coincidence.
- In late 2009, Pet Society Anonymous became a partner of AOL’s games.com.
- From July-September 2009, the site posted five stories by contributing writer Kavya (pronounced caviar with a British accent). Kavya is a brilliant young lady originally from India. She is so young that she isn’t even in high school, yet she has the whole blogging thing figured out! Does that make you feel lame or what? She is the owner of another PS blog, Pet Society Addict.